[NHCOLL-L:4637] [Fwd: RE: Brachiopod taxonomic trees, conversion tool, and more!]

Susan Butts susan.butts at yale.edu
Wed Dec 9 15:43:22 EST 2009

The new features can be found at:
http://www.peabody.yale.edu/collections/ip/ip_brachio.html

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nhcoll-l at lists.yale.edu [mailto:owner-nhcoll-l at lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Susan Butts
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:58 AM
To: NHCOLL-L at lists.yale.edu
Subject: [NHCOLL-L:4636] Brachiopod taxonomic trees, conversion tool, and more!

Dear NHCOLL,

The Yale Peabody Museum, Division of Invertebrate Paleontology, has
posted tools to help you understand the transition between the original
(1965) Treatise on Invertebrate Paleontology, Volume H: Brachiopoda and
the revised (1997-2007) version!

Now available on our web page:
- Taxonomic trees (as Excel spreadsheets and PDFs) of BOTH Treatises (to
family level)
- Our new Brachiopod Converter Tool! Simply enter a brachiopod family
name from either Treatise and see a side-by-side comparison of taxonomic
hierarchies
- A chart (as a PDF for class use or handouts) which compares the old
Treatise to the new Treatise and describes the major changes

You are welcome to download these files for academic/museum use, to
update the lexicon in your database, or for any other academic/museum
purposes.

A reminder that you can also search our online database at:
http://research.yale.edu/peabody/COLLECTIONS/ip/
We've cataloged about 130,000 new specimens as part of an NSF grant,
including photographs for over 25,000 specimens.

Please feel free to forward to anyone you know who might be interested.
This work was funded by the National Science Foundation, Award
#DBI-0545210.

Enjoy!
Susan

--