[NHCOLL-L:4159] RE: Cleaning oxidized pyrite mineral specimens

Del Re, Christine delre at mpm.edu
Wed Jan 14 11:42:16 EST 2009

I agree with Cathy Hawks and Greg and would further refer you to an
article written by Julia Day for the ICOM-Conservation Committee Mtgs,
Netherlands 2005 (I do not have the complete reference at my fingertips
right now) which describes in detail how to create the appropriate
microclimate needed for long-term preservation of such specimens.

Chris Del Re, Milwaukee Public Museum