[NHCOLL-L:4178] Large glass jars and closures

Chris Stinson christophermatthewstinson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 18:38:36 EST 2009

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me a source for glass jars larger than
1gal, preferably 3-6gal sizes with wide mouths(130mm).  Also if anyone could
point me in the direction of closures for such jars - ideally polypropylene
with polyethylene liners.  These will be used to house fluid preserved fish
specimens.  If there are any ideas for glass jars or other types of
containers  of similar size to 5 or 6 gal  glass jars with wider mouths any
info would also be appreciated.   I have already  found some polycarbonate
containers from University Products but I'm not sure of their long term
viability.

Thanks
Chris Stinson
Assistant Curator