[NHCOLL-L:4229] Conservator, Natural History Museum

Chris Collins chris.collins at nhm.ac.uk
Sun Mar 8 16:29:07 EDT 2009

The Natural History Museum is currently looking for a Conservator to assist
in the provision of collections conservation services to the Palaeontology
Department.

As part of the Palaeontology Conservation Unit (PCU) you will provide a
remedial conservation service to the Palaeontology Department as well as
leading both staff and volunteer teams to deliver departmental
collections-care targets. The successful candidate will also have good
knowledge and previous experience in conserving natural history specimens
and delivering complex conservation projects.

Interested candidates need to apply online. An online application form needs
to be completed. In addition to this, a CV and covering letter specifically
stating how each of the essential criteria in the job description (see
below) are met will need to be submitted electronically.

At The Natural History Museum we value the diversity of our employees and
the benefits they bring to the organisation.

A sift of applications will take place on 23 March 2009 with shortlisted
candidates being notified shortly thereafter.

For further information, including a full job description, and to apply
online please visit The Natural History Museum website at www.nhm.ac.uk/jobs
<http://www.nhm.ac.uk/jobs>

Chris Collins
Head of Conservation