[NHCOLL-L:4246] California condor specimens

Sanford Wilbur symbios at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 17 17:38:32 EDT 2009

I'm in the final stages of writing a monograph on California condor
history, as recorded in museum and private collection records, newspaper
accounts, field notes and correspondence, etc. I have records of about
400 mortalities, some 300 of which are still in existence as specimens
(live mounts, study skins, skeletons). It seems like I must be
exhausting the possibilities, but since the first of the year I have
received information on a half-dozen or so specimens that were new to my
records. If you remember corresponding with me within the last year,
then I probably have your information. If you don't remember talking to
me, and you have any California condor material or know where specimens
are located, I'd be very pleased to hear from you.
Sanford "Sandy" Wilbur
Gresham, Oregon
U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service (retired)
California condor research leader 1969-1981