[NHCOLL-L:4602] Re: Use of isopropyl for fixing and storing invertebrates

H.J. Walker hjwalker at ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 9 21:42:14 EST 2009

We also have a blennioid expert here who agrees that in some cases (not
all), his fishes stored here in isopropanol can have less distinct
melanophore patterns.  Again, he does not regard it as a big deal, one
reason being that all the other colors are lost anyway.  However, with
millions of specimens representing thousands of species, we do not have
problems with fading.