[NHCOLL-L:4628] Thank you

helen at collectioncare.org helen at collectioncare.org
Wed Nov 25 14:48:54 EST 2009

For Thanksgiving, I would like to thank all those who
supported the work of www.museumclasses.org through
teaching, advice, grants, online resources, forwarding
emails, posting course announcements and permission to use
publications. Thank you to all of you who participated as
students in www.museumclasses.org.

In 2009 www.museumclasses.org offered 73 online classes in
museum professional development. Topics covered
administration, collection management, exhibits, collection
care, volunteer management, museum environments and
physical plant. Twenty instructors taught 246 students
located in 49 US states and 17 countries.  Eight students
signed on for a new certificate program that launched this
year.

We could not manage without the support of the museum
world. We continue to strive to offer you the best
instructors and most current information about museum
topics. We look forward to working with you in the future
to help all of us improve museums in the 21st Century.

Thank you.

For those of you in the U.S.A. ? enjoy a wonderful
Thanksgiving with your friends and family.

Sincerely,
Helen Alten
Director, Northern States Conservation Center
www.collectioncare.org
www.museumclasses.org