[NHCOLL-L:4492] Re: resitivity for water used in wet collections?

John E Simmons simmons.johne at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 13:35:24 EDT 2009

You don't need super-clean water, as you are not using sterilized
containers, etc.  What you need is water with enough of the minerals and
salts removed that you don't have precipitation problems.   The sink system
should be sufficient.

I am curious as to why you are standardizing to 75% ETOH instead of 70%
ETOH,

--John

--
John E. Simmons
Museologica
simmons.johne at gmail.com
303-681-5708
www.museologica.com
and
Adjunct Curator of Collections
Earth and Mineral Science Museum & Art Gallery
Penn State University
19 Deike Building
University Park, Pennsylvania 16802-2709
jes67 at psu.edu