[NHCOLL-L:4507] RE: resitivity for water used in wet collections?

A.J.van_Dam at lumc.nl A.J.van_Dam at lumc.nl
Fri Sep 4 15:02:12 EDT 2009

Dear Cindy,

Within the process of standardizing to ethanol 75%, you might want to add the Alcomon Indicator System to your jars. The system consists of two small floats that will monitor the ethanol concentration without having to take a fluid sample for weighing. It will garantee a high conservation quality and simplify the maintenance routine (cost efficient). For more info visit the website http://www.alcomon.com

Andries J. van Dam,  conservator

Associate scientist
Natural History Museum,  London

Directory Board member ICOM-CC
http://www.icom-cc.org

Director Alcomon Company
http://www.alcomon.com

Museum  of Anatomy
Leiden University Medical Center
Postal zone T7-P
P.O.  Box 9600
2300 RC Leiden
The Netherlands
tel: +31 (0)71 526  9581
fax: +31 (0)71 526 8275
E-mail: A.J.van_Dam at lumc.nl
Visiting address:  Hippocratespad 21, building 3