[NHCOLL-L:4512] RE: Dehumidifiers

Opitz, Cindy cindy-opitz at uiowa.edu
Tue Sep 8 15:58:52 EDT 2009

Room-unit dehumidifiers are the best we're currently able to do for RH control, too.  When purchasing, make sure you get ones with large reservoirs, or multiple units for large spaces.  Our single units in some areas fill up over the weekend, so RH climbs back up until someone comes in on Monday to empty them--that kind of fluctuation can't be good!  You'll need to dedicate staff to routine emptying as well.

Cindy Opitz
Collections Manager
Pentacrest Museums: Museum of Natural History
and Old Capitol Museum
11 Macbride Hall
The University of Iowa
Iowa City IA 52242