[NHCOLL-L:5119] egg cards glued to notecards

nmccartn nmccartn at uark.edu
Wed Dec 8 10:20:36 EST 2010

Hi.

I am reviewing our egg collection, and am putting the egg cards into
plastic sleeves.  Unfortunately, those accessioned in 1957 were glued
to 5x7" notecards and this glue is holding very well( another
accession in 1954 has thankfully separated from the cards!).  Of
course, I don't know what kind of glue, and can't think of doing
anything other than cutting off the egg cards, leaving the notecard
material on the back, and putting into the 4x6" sleeves. The egg
cards, from the early 1900s, are quite brittle and cannot be gently
pried off the notecard. But surely someone out there has a better
solution...

Thank.

NMcC

Nancy Glover McCartney, PhD