[NHCOLL-L:4694] RE: Evaluation format for collections of natural history

Robert Waller RWALLER at mus-nature.ca
Mon Feb 1 16:01:45 EST 2010

Hi Alex,
What you refer to reminds me of the US Army Corps of Engineers Curation Options Project which was done to identify acceptable repositories for archaeological objects retrieved from DoD lands.  I have referenced the 1999 reports done for the Western States which included technical appendices outlining the method.  Today I was only able to locate the 2001 Eastern States report on the web.  I think that is a pretty good system and meets your idea of using a system "generated by another federal agency".

There has been a lot of work done in this area over the past 20 years.  Let me know if you want help tapping into that.
Rob

Robert Waller, PhD, CAPC, FIIC
President and Senior Risk Analyst
Protect Heritage Corp.