[NHCOLL-L:4689] FW: Change to IATA 2.7 - dangerous goods in excepted quantities!!!

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Tue Jan 26 10:01:59 EST 2010

Hi Maria-Chiara

Below is a message that I sent out in early February of 2009 outlining the changes to the IATA regulations.  Please note the labeling requirements.  You are not required (as in Dirks attachments) to put the UN number and substance on the label.  All that is required is the E number in the new Table 2.7.A below together with the senders name IF this is not displayed anywhere else on the package i.e. if you have a return address on the package then all you need is the E number.

For those of us in the US following DOT, remember that DOT has now adopted this label too.

Andy

   A  :             A  :             A  :
}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>
   V                V                V
Andy Bentley
Ichthyology Collection Manager/Specify Usability Lead
University of Kansas
Natural History Museum & Biodiversity Research Center
Dyche Hall
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard
Lawrence, KS, 66045-7593
USA