[NHCOLL-L:4879] RE: advice on shippers

Schneider, Gregory ges at umich.edu
Mon Jul 19 13:40:29 EDT 2010

I sent a holotype to Germany last week by DHL.  The package was selected for formal clearance by Customs and thus delayed one extra day.  It was delivered without a problem today.

Meanwhile, I contacted Fed Ex last week to determine if they can be an alternative for our international shipping needs - museum specimens (wildlife) preserved and sent in small quantities of ethanol.  So far, I have just gotten the (friendly) run around, but no answers to my specific questions - not impressed.

UPS has been excellent for our domestic service.

Greg Schneider
Division of Reptiles and Amphibians
Museum of Zoology
University of Michigan