[NHCOLL-L:4890] Re: Storage of fluid preserved specimens

Peter Reinthal pnr at email.arizona.edu
Wed Jul 21 14:16:17 EDT 2010

Novac 1230 is a fluoroketone that is used in fire protection as a halon
replacement - it has a low heat of vaporization and will evaporate much
quicker
than water.  A suggested use is in museums and libraries is that it will cause
less damage to archival material than water.  It appears as if you have
to have
a special delivery system installed.

Peter Reinthal
University of Arizona