[NHCOLL-L:5589] VertNet Blog and Social Media Are Now Active

David A. Bloom dabblepop at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 13:52:00 EDT 2011

Hello NHCOLL and SPNHC Community,

In May 2011, VertNet (http://www.vertnet.org) was awarded NSF funding to
create a cloud-based infrastructure to mobilize and publishing data from the
four distributed vertebrate databases, FishNet, MaNIS, HerpNET, and ORNIS.
We're very excited about the project and its potential to change the way
people conduct biodiversity science.

Please join us as we build a new VertNet. Follow our progress and engage us
in conversation with questions and comments on our newly launched VertNet
Blog (http://blog.vertnet.org/ <about:blank>).  We’ll post every Tuesday on
topics ranging from current topics in biodiversity research to advances in
informatics to the VertNet Project itself.

If you use other media, such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus, we’re
using these tools to keep you in the know, as well.  Please, feel free to
get involved with VertNet and...

   - Like us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/VertNet),
   - Follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/VertNetOrg), and,
   - Circle us on Google Plus (
   https://plus.google.com/106668930991835907114/posts).

Regardless of how you choose to keep in touch with us, you can always send a
good, old fashioned email to VertNet Coordinator Dave Bloom (
dbloom at vertnet.org) or VertNet Programmer Laura Russell (
larussell at vertnet.org).

For grins, take a look at a recent post introducing the VertNet Team (
http://blog.vertnet.org/post/8228278327/allow-us-to-introduce-ourselves).

Best regards,

Dave Bloom
(On behalf of the VertNet Team)