[NHCOLL-L:5164] LED lighting

Karen Morton Kmorton at natureandscience.org
Thu Jan 6 10:35:17 EST 2011

Dear List,

Our museum is seriously looking into using LED lighting in our new
building.  Those of us in collections are unsure about its effects on
natural history specimens.  Has anyone out there had experience with LED
lighting or seen any compelling evidence that says we should not use it?
Collections that would be at risk include fossils, taxidermy, minerals,
and books.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

KAREN MORTON

Collections Manager | Museum of Nature & Science

p 972.201.0595 | kmorton at natureandscience.org

3535 Grand Avenue in Fair Park | P.O. Box 151469 | Dallas Texas 75315

p 214.428.5555 | f 214.428.4356 | www.natureandscience.org
<http://www.natureandscience.org/>

facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dallas-TX/Museum-of-Nature-Science/983754