[NHCOLL-L:5450] Sharing a vision of the future of natural history museums

Elizabeth Merritt emerritt at aam-us.org
Thu Jun 2 15:20:18 EDT 2011

I was so sorry to miss my SPNHC friends at the meeting at the California Academy last week! We had a good crowd at the AAM meeting in Houston, too, where we featured artist Tracy Hicks and his installation on the future of natural history museums. If you want a peek, Tracy has documented the project on his website<http://www.tracyhicks.com/ex.htm> and on the CFM blog<http://futureofmuseums.blogspot.com/2011/05/helix-scaffolding-21211.html> and several guest bloggers contributed commentary leading up to the meeting (see this<http://futureofmuseums.blogspot.com/2011/05/preview-of-houston-exploring-future-of.html> commentary by John Simmons, for example, and my particular favorite<http://futureofmuseums.blogspot.com/2011/05/csi-museum-edition.html> by Joseph Mendelson).

I hope these musings on the future of natural history museums continue! Please let me know if you would like to contribute a commentary to the CFM Blog, or a video to our Voices of the Future project to share your thoughts on potential and desirable futures.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Merritt
Founding Director, Center for the Future of Museums
T: 202.218. 7661  |  F: 202.289.6578
American Association of Museums
1575 Eye Street N.W., Suite 400  |  Washington, DC 20005