[NHCOLL-L:5502] alcohol meter suggestions?

Kirsten Nicholson norops at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 16:32:38 EDT 2011

Does anybody have any recommendations for alcohol meters?  We need a
hydrometer and when I was a graduate student we used the old style glass
bulb contraption to measure the specific gravity of the fluid in our jars or
carboys to determine the percent alcohol content, but surely there's a much
better digital version folks are using today?  I've seen a few online, but
thought I'd ask for advice from folks in the field.

Thanks,

Kirsten

--
*Kirsten E. Nicholson, Ph.D