[NHCOLL-L:5509] Re: alcohol meter suggestions?

Couteaufin at aol.com Couteaufin at aol.com
Wed Jun 15 05:25:21 EDT 2011

Dear All,

The Anton Paar DMA 35 meter is certainly a 'State of the Art' instrument
and has many other applications, I always recommend it on the fluid
preservation  courses that I run.  It's price tag can be hefty however (c. 1300 UKP)
and  if you need something to use in the meantime, the alcohol hydrometers
are  still available and can occasionally be found in eBay for not much.
Has anyone ever used the Mettler 'Toledo' meter in this context?

With all good  wishes, Simon

Simon Moore MIScT, FLS, ACR,
Conservator of Natural  Sciences,

_www.natural-history-conservation.com_