[NHCOLL-L:5516] RE: wondering about taxidermy

O'Brien, Mark mfobrien at umich.edu
Thu Jun 16 09:40:53 EDT 2011

You may also be interested in this blog - The Useless Creatures --  http://jorieobrien.blogspot.com/

From: owner-nhcoll-l at lists.yale.edu [mailto:owner-nhcoll-l at lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Bryant, James
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:20 PM
To: nhcoll-l at lists.yale.edu
Subject: [NHCOLL-L:5515] wondering about taxidermy

Perhaps some of us are tired of interdisciplinary musings about taxidermy, but I'm afraid I always enjoy learning about a new point of view. Recently a colleague passed along an article written by Rachel Polquin (see http://www.alumni.ubc.ca/2011/trek/2011-spring/the-beastly-art-of-taxidermy/). It turns out she has a book on the subject, to be released in the new year, as well as a blog (the current site happening to feature a nice video on the conservation of taxidermy mounts; see http://www.ravishingbeasts.com/).

James M. Bryant
Curator of Natural History
Museum Department, City of Riverside
3580 Mission Inn Avenue