[NHCOLL-L:5334] Re: FW: Drying Coral

Couteaufin at aol.com Couteaufin at aol.com
Thu Mar 17 11:11:43 EDT 2011

Hi Heather,

I would need to know what size the coral is, whether it is coloured
(artificially or naturally) and what sort (species name?)
Generally I would advise placing it into some isopropyl alcohol to
dehydrate it but don't want to compromise any colours it may have.  This  would
also deal with any mould/mold.

With all good  wishes, Simon

Simon Moore MIScT, FLS, ACR,
Conservator of Natural  Sciences,