[NHCOLL-L:5339] SPNHC Conference and the 'Newbie Club'

Bethany Palumbo bgpalumbo at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 13:42:19 EDT 2011

Dear all,
For those of you attending the SPNHC conference for the first time this
year (or student registrants) in San Francisco, there are ‘newbie’ events
planned to get you oriented and assist you in meeting new people. A breakfast
will take place at the hotel on Tuesday 24 May after which we plan to take the
conference field trip boat cruise around the harbor as a group.  We will use this time to get to know one
another before the official ice breaker in the evening at which you will have
another opportunity to mingle and meet new faces. If you have already booked a
different field trip, don’t fret – you can either change your trip to the boat
tour if wish to join us (by contacting Rebecca Peters – rpeters at calacademy.org) or, stay on your original field trip, but still
joins us for breakfast.  Either way this presents a great opportunity
to meet others in the same position and share your experiences.

Please notify the registration desk upon arriving
that you are new to SPNHC and you will be identified as such on your name tag,
giving the established members a method of identifying you, making sure they go
the extra mile to make your first experience a happy and enjoyable one and
assist you where necessary.

If you are attending the SPNHC meeting this year and plan to join us in the
'newbie club', or have any questions then please email me at bgpalumbo at hotmail.co.uk.
Thanks,
Bethany Palumbo