[NHCOLL-L:5404] Sending specimens to China

Carol Spencer atrox10 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 00:32:52 EDT 2011

HI NH-COLL,
I am having problems with tissues of snakes we sent  via Fed Ex to Kunming,
China. The box is currently being held at Fed Ex in Kunming. We sent these
with a cleared edec and our loan paperwork. These are tissues in solution
and are not live animals in any way. This note came from the person we sent
the preserved tissues
to:

The customer service of FedEx told me that the clearance still did not
passed although I have provided local animal inspection & quarantine
certificate because animal inspection & quarantine certificate from
consignor is necessary. So I have to bother you again for it. It would be
nice if you can provide it, otherwise this package will be send back to you
by FedEx. Thanks.

Can anyone help me with this? We did send a form to them that said we do not
require animal inspection of preserved tissues, but they are still not
accepting this.
Any ideas on what would help??

Thanks
Carol

--
Carol L. Spencer, Ph.D.
Staff Curator of Herpetology & Researcher
atrox10 at gmail.com
atrox at berkeley.edu
TEL: 510-643-5778 /FAX: 510-643-8238

http://www.herpnet.org