[NHCOLL-L:5437] RE: permanent storage of insect genatalia

John Grehan jgrehan at sciencebuff.org
Fri May 13 16:02:48 EDT 2011

I forgot about the use of cotton plugs which I have seen used successfully in some collections. Certainly don't have the same risk of coming off. I have not had the problem of inverted vials drying out. I have had situations where a jar has lost most of its alcohol, but the inverted vial still retained alcohol at the bottom that was still immersed.

John Grehan