[NHCOLL-L:5622] RE: Gaskets for wet collection vats

Couteaufin at aol.com Couteaufin at aol.com
Fri Sep 2 17:48:41 EDT 2011

Some interest here.  If anyone has an idea of what these gaskets  comprise
- EPDM?  I would be most interested to know.

With all good  wishes, Simon

Simon Moore MIScT, FLS, ACR,
Conservator of Natural  Sciences,

_www.natural-history-conservation.com_
(http://www.natural-history-conservation.com/)
_www.pocket-fruit-knives.info_ (http://www.pocket-fruit-knives.info/)

_http://uk.linkedin.com/in/naturalsciencespecimenconserve_
(http://uk.linkedin.com/in/naturalsciencespecimenconserve)

In a message dated 02/09/2011 20:49:40 GMT Daylight Time, abentley at ku.edu
writes:

Moretta
We  recently went through a major tank overhaul here at KU and I contacted
both  Delta Designs and Steel Fixtures in Topeka – we use stainless steel
tanks  manufactured by them.  Bruce Danielson from Delta sent me a replacement
 gasket for our tanks that is a 3M product (do not know the name) which is
sticky backed.  We have not had any of these in long enough to know if
they are a viable replacement i.e. whether they hold up any better to alcohol
or oils than the original, but it may be worth contacting him to see what it
 the product is.  Maybe you could then contact 3M to find out the
properties of the material and whether it would hold up or if they have  anything
that would.  I would have done this myself when I first got them  but this got
pushed onto the back burner like so many other  things.
Bruce’s  email address is _bdanielson at deltadesignsltd.com_
(mailto:bdanielson at deltadesignsltd.com) .
Andy

A   :              A   :              A   :
}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
V                 V                 V
Andy Bentley
Ichthyology Collection  Manager
University of Kansas
Natural History Museum &  Biodiversity Institute
Dyche Hall
1345 Jayhawk  Boulevard
Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561
USA

Tel:  (785) 864-3863
Fax: (785) 864-5335
Email: _abentley at ku.edu_ (mailto:abentley at ku.edu)          :
A   :              A   :              A   :
V                 V                 V