[NHCOLL-L:5634] Freeze Drier

Karen Morton Kmorton at natureandscience.org
Wed Sep 7 15:48:33 EDT 2011

Dear List Members,

We currently possess a Northstar brand freeze drier.  It has not been used in over 15 years, partly because nobody can get it working and partly because we have not had a vertebrate zoologist on staff in that amount of time.

We were wondering if it is worth the effort to try to get it working again.  Do zoologists use them anymore?  Or is it just for taxidermy purposes?  Is there any benefit to keeping it for now in case we want to add a vertebrate zoologist to the staff in the future?

We welcome any thoughts or suggestions.

Sincerely,
KAREN MORTON
Collections Manager | Museum of Nature & Science
p 972.201.0595 | kmorton at natureandscience.org<mailto:kmorton at natureandscience.org>

3535 Grand Avenue in Fair Park | P.O. Box 151469 | Dallas Texas 75315
p 214.428.5555 | f 214.428.4356 | www.natureandscience.org<http://www.natureandscience.org/>

facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dallas-TX/Museum-of-Nature-Science/98375436228?ref=ss>  |  twitter<http://twitter.com/dallasmns>  |  flickr<http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnsdallas/>  |  youtube<http://www.youtube.com/user/MNSDallas> |  Become an MNS member today<https://emuseum.natureandscience.org/Membership.aspx>.