[Nhcoll-l] Dealing with amber in mineral oil

Neil Clark Neil.Clark at glasgow.ac.uk
Thu Aug 2 06:31:39 EDT 2012

I presume you have read the article on amber conservation produced for EPISCON?

http://amsdottorato.cib.unibo.it/2259/

Neil

Dr Neil D. L. Clark
Curator of Palaeontology

The Hunterian
University of Glasgow
Gilbert Scott Building
Glasgow G12 8QQ

E-mail: Neil.Clark at glasgow.ac.uk
Tel: +44(0)141 330 3599
Website: www.glasgow.ac.uk/hunterian

Hunterian Art Gallery refurbishment
The Hunterian Art Gallery is currently undergoing major refurbishment. Both the Art Gallery and The Mackintosh House are now closed to the public, re-opening on 15 September with a special new exhibition 'Rembrandt and the Passion'. The Hunterian Museum remains open as usual.

New permanent gallery:
The Antonine Wall: Rome's Final Frontier

Opening hours:
Tuesday - Saturday 10.00am - 5.00pm; Sunday 11.00am - 4.00pm

The Entire Collection cared for by The Hunterian is a Recognised Collection of National Significance to Scotland

University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401
A world Top 100 University, joint first in Scotland for student satisfaction and 5th in the UK