[Nhcoll-l] Request: Ornithology for specimens of Parus (rufiventris) pallidiventris from western Tanzania

Jason Anderson jasonanderson1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 06:58:00 EST 2012

Please could you email this request to all NHCOLL-L and eBEAC members
(apologies for cross posting):

I'm looking for specimens in museums of Parus (rufiventris) pallidiventris
(Cinnamon-breasted Tit), from western Tanzania, Africa (west of the central
Tanzanian rift). There are large numbers from Eastern Tanzania, esp. type
localities including Songea, Ruvuma, Morogoro and Kilosa, of which I have
an adequate sample size. If you have any specimens from western Tanzania,
please email me the details.

I've already checked for specimens at the following:
BMNH Tring, UK
AMNH New York, USA
ORNIS database
German ornithological collections project group
ZMB Berlin, Germany
NCB Naturalis, Leiden, Holland
NHMD, Copenhagen, Denmark

Many thanks,