[NHCOLL-L:5858] information on shipping wet collections

Jody Ullman collections at thevlm.org
Fri Feb 24 10:13:08 EST 2012

Dear list:

I know there has been discussion on this topic, but up to now I did not have
a need for the information, so have deleted all the emails dealing with
this.  I now need to ship a formalin fixed amphibian across the US and I
vaguely remember that there are some new regulations to make this easier.
Can someone please tell me the best way to ship him (in or out of liquid).
Which liquid I can ship it in (formalin or alcohol), and which carriers will
allow this material to be shipped (USPS, UPS, FEDEX, etc.).  I need to ship
it overnight if possible.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Jody Ullmann

Collections Manager