[NHCOLL-L:5782]

Anderson, Gretchen AndersonG at carnegiemnh.org
Wed Jan 11 15:50:22 EST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I am sending this inquiry at the request of one of the curators at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History.  He is looking for a localized dust collector that can help control dust in the lab. Fine dust is generated from shaking leaf litter through screens. This is a hand process and the overall volume of particulates is relatively low, however there is a large volume of air that will be processed.  He would like to keep the noise levels down if possible.

Our head of facilities has recommended a Powermatic 1792072K PM1900TX-CK1 Dust Collector, 3HP 1PH 230V, 2-Micron Canister Kit.  We are currently using this unit in our paleontology prep area where a lot more dust is generated. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?

Please feel free to answer off - list.

Gretchen Anderson
Conservator
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
5800 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
412.420.9083
www.carnegiemnh.org/<http://www.carnegiemnh.org/><http://www.carn>
AndersonG at carnegieMNH .0rg

The information contained in this message and/or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.  Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.