[NHCOLL-L:5823] Kols Containers 120mm lids for jars

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Tue Jan 31 12:04:22 EST 2012

We have recently encountered a problem with one brand of the 120mm lids sold by Kols Containers that we use in our fluid collections.  The lids have very little overlap in the internal thread on the lid (anywhere from 1-3 inches) which causes the lids to be very unstable - they do not screw on very well and also allow for evaporation of liquid at a higher rate.

Judy Bounds from Kols Containers has sourced a new brand of lid that is much more durable and has a longer overlap in thread (180° around the inner edge).  These are much more effective.  Unfortunately they have had to secure a 150 case minimum order from the supplier and so, if anyone else is looking for good quality 120mm lids please contact Judy at Kols Containers.

Judy Bounds
Kols Containers
1408 DeSoto Road
Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 646-2300
jbounds at kolscontainers.com<mailto:jbounds at kolscontainers.com>

I would be happy to provide further information or samples if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Andy

    A  :             A  :             A  :
 }<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
    V                V                V
 Andy Bentley
 Ichthyology Collection Manager
 University of Kansas
 Natural History Museum & Biodiversity Institute
 Dyche Hall
 1345 Jayhawk Boulevard
 Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561
 USA