[NHCOLL-L:5937] Re: Binocular Microscope and Digital Camera setup

Ted Papenfuss asiaherp at berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 29 19:04:16 EDT 2012

Dear Lee,

I just  bought a very useful product that allows one to attach any
digital camera with a non-protruding lens or a smart phone to any
binocular scope.  I am using it with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP7 that I
bought for $110.  We have may old binocular scopes in our museum.

The product that I bought is called a "SkyLight Smartphone to
Microscope Adapter".

The advantage of the SkyLight is that it can be used with any old
scope and expensive new scopes do not need to be purchased.  The cost
including shipping for a SkyLight is about $70.

Contact is:

WWW.skylightscope.com

e-mail:

info at skylightscope.com

Sincerely,

Ted

On Mar 29, 2012, at 9:44 AM, Lee Hall wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am currently shopping around for a new microscope for our Paleo/
> Archeo lab. I’m looking for a binocular scope with magnification of
> up to 100x or so, with a good light source and a digital camera
> attachment (via USB). I would appreciate any recommendations you
> have. My budget is under $500 for this purchase.
> Thank you for your time,
> Lee
>
> Lee Hall
> Paleontology Lab Manager