[Nhcoll-l] Chicago Academy of Sciences announces completion of collection inventory

Dawn Roberts droberts at naturemuseum.org
Mon Nov 12 15:24:19 EST 2012

The Chicago Academy of Sciences would like to announce the recent
completion of the inventory of its natural history collections through
its Collections Inventory Project and that these specimens are once
again available for study.  These collections include botany,
entomology, geology, herpetology, malacology, mammalogy, ornithology and
oology, and paleontology.

Founded in 1857, the Academy's collections focus primarily on the
Midwest / Western Great Lakes region, with some legacy collections from
Alaska, Louisiana, the Great Smoky Mountains, and the Southwest, and
provide base-line data from the mid-1800s to the present.  The Academy's
collections also include cultural artifacts, manuscripts and field
notes, photographs, and films.

Contact our Collections Department at collectionsinfo at naturemuseum.org
with requests for information or to schedule an on-site research visit.
Information about our museum collection is provided on our website at
http://www.naturemuseum.org/the-museum/collections/ with more to follow
soon!  We would like to extend our sincere appreciation for support of
this project through grants from the Institute of Museum and Library
Services (MA-01-07-0026-07 and MA-05-10-0127-10), the Gaylord and
Dorothy Donnelley Foundation, and the Chicago Sun-Times Charity Trust.

Dawn Roberts | Collections Manager

The Chicago Academy of Sciences and its Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum

2430 North Cannon Drive, Chicago, IL 60614 | Main 773-755-5100 | Fax
773-755-5199 | www.naturemuseum.org

Museum Collections and Archives, Collections Facility and Office:
4001 North Ravenswood Avenue, Suite 201, Chicago, IL 60613 |
773-525-2164

The Urban Gateway to Nature and Science