[Nhcoll-l] Fwd:

Watkins-Colwell, Gregory gregory.watkins-colwell at yale.edu
Mon Oct 15 17:47:59 EDT 2012

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: <Jeff.Stephenson at dmns.org<mailto:Jeff.Stephenson at dmns.org>>
Date: October 15, 2012, 4:47:45 PM EDT
To: <gregory.watkins-colwell at yale.edu<mailto:gregory.watkins-colwell at yale.edu>>

Hello Greg,
I sent this a while ago to nhcoll, but people here have told me that they didn’t get it.  Could you help me post it?
Thanks,
Jeff

Vice President of Research & Collections, Denver Museum of Nature & Science

Description

For more than 110 years, the Denver Museum of Nature & Science has served as a catalyst for curiosity by conducting scientific research, precious artifacts and specimens, displaying the wonders of our natural world, and offering lifelong science education. Last year, we welcomed 1.4 million visitors onsite and at offsite Museum programs. Exhibitions at the Museum offer enriching experiences that bring science, nature and culture to life. Seeing the "real thing" is what visitors remember long after their visit has ended - everything from real collections to real discoveries, like the Museum's largest-ever fossil excavation, The Snowmastodon Project, which is providing new scientific information about the evolution of life in the Rockies and beyond.
DMNS has a rare opportunity for a visionary scientist to provide leadership for the Museum to ensure quality scientific research, appropriate stewardship of collections and to support dynamic educational programming and exhibition content. Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Research & Collections is the top scientific executive in the institution. The VP will provide forward thinking leadership which will drive focus, efficiency and innovation, to ensure a robust scientific core that allows the Museum to be positioned for the future. The VP will play an active role in fundraising for museum projects and offering productive and long-lasting donor relationships. Additionally, the Vice President leads the Museum's public trust responsibilities by assuring legal accountability and long term preservation of collections. This individual will oversee an operating plan that incorporates annual and long-term goals, objectives and strategies for the branches of Earth & Space Sciences, Zoology & Health Sciences, Anthropology, and Preservation & Documentary Resources.
Ideal Candidate
Accomplishing this critically important task will require a PhD-holding scientist with a nationally recognized current or past research program. The Vice President position requires a leader of exceptional vision, experience and personal integrity with a passion for education and great science.
This individual will bring at least 10 years of progressive administrative management and leadership experience, solid fundraising skills, media relations experience, a background in informal science education and an understanding of the legal and ethical issues surrounding collections. Additionally, the ideal candidate has a distinguished record of excellence and experience in leading and managing teams to produce results consistent with organizational mission and vision for the future.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach your current CV along with a letter of interest. Initial applicant review will begin on October 31, 2012.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.

Please do not reply to this email.  Interested applicants may apply by going to: http://www.dmns.org/about-us/jobs/

JEFF STEPHENSON
COLLECTIONS MANAGER, ZOOLOGY DEPARTMENT

[DMNS 2 Line RGB small.jpg]<http://www.dmns.org/>