[Nhcoll-l] Fluid course

Monaghan, Nigel nmonaghan at museum.ie
Wed Sep 12 03:59:53 EDT 2012

As with others, we have benefited from Simon's course. We hosted one in Dublin, which like the US means that he can't fly carrying some of the interesting chemicals and tools that are needed. But you need to get these in you museum anyway so it's a good idea to get your shopping list from Simon and stock up in advance. We included university technicians from zoology and anatomy departments to get the numbers to make the course financially viable. We also included all in our small museum staff so that even if people don't work with wet collections on a daily basis they understand fully what they are all about. I can also add my support to Simon's long experience in museums and unparalleled knowledge in his field.

Nigel

Mr Nigel T. Monaghan,
Keeper,
Natural History Division,