[Nhcoll-l] Suppliers of wide-mouth 1000 ml screw-top glass storage jars that take plastic caps and inserts?

H.J. Walker hjwalker at ucsd.edu
Sat Apr 6 16:31:23 EDT 2013

If you are considering a U.S. supplier, you might contact Wm. R. Hill
Co., Inc. (http://wmrhill.com/), which supplies the Smithsonian.  The
standard jar that many collections use, close to the 1,000 ml size you
need, is 32 oz with an 89-mm mouth.

Cheers,
H.J.

On 4/5/13 8:04 AM, Bentley, Andrew Charles wrote:

> Simon
>
> Here at KU we get all of our glass jars from Kols Containers:
>
> Kols Containers
>
> 1408 DeSoto Road
>
> Baltimore, MD 21230
>
> Tel:  410-646-2300
>
> Our contact there is Judy Bounds jbounds at kolscontainers.com
> <mailto:jbounds at kolscontainers.com>.
>
> They produce a 64 oz jar (about 1000ml) that is just a half size
> version of the gallon jar and has the same opening size (110mm).  The
> last time I priced these they were 6 for $7.02 and the lids were 53c
> each.  They also produce a taller, thinner version with an 83mm
> opening.  Judy Bounds may be able to provide more information about up
> to date pricing and international availability or shipping.
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Andy
>
>     A  :             A  :             A  :
>  }<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
>     V                V                V
>  Andy Bentley
>  Ichthyology Collection Manager
>  University of Kansas
> Biodiversity Institute
>
>  Dyche Hall
>  1345 Jayhawk Boulevard
>  Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561
>  USA
>
> Tel: (785) 864-3863
> Fax: (785) 864-5335
>  Email: abentley at ku.edu <mailto:abentley at ku.edu>
>
> http://ichthyology.biodiversity.ku.edu
> <http://ichthyology.biodiversity.ku.edu/>
>
> SPNHC President-Elect
>
> http://www.spnhc.org
>
>                            :                 :
>     A  :             A  :             A  :
>  }<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
>     V                V                V

  H.J. Walker, Jr.
  Scripps Institution of Oceanography
  University of California, San Diego  0208
  La Jolla, CA   92093-0208
  USA
  hjwalker at ucsd.edu
  phone:858-534-2199   fax:858-534-5306

  Campus street  address for FedEx, UPS, DHL:
  8675 Discovery Way, 224 / 231 Vaughan Hall
  La Jolla, CA   92037

  SIO Marine Vertebrate Collection web site:
  http://collections.ucsd.edu/mv/