[Nhcoll-l] NMNH Department of Paleobiology - Hiatus in Research Visits and Outgoing Loan Preparation

Hollis, Kathy A. HollisK at si.edu
Mon Aug 26 12:43:55 EDT 2013

NMNH Department of Paleobiology - Hiatus in Research Visits and Outgoing Loan Preparation

The Department of Paleobiology Collections Management team will cease preparing and shipping outgoing specimen loans for nine months beginning November 1, 2013. We will also be unable to host research visitors for a period of one year beginning on the same date. These reductions in service are required by the large amount of collections work involved in the renovations of our permanent exhibits, and may be shortened or extended depending on exhibit needs; we will announce any changes.

The Department of Paleobiology will continue to receive and process loan returns and loan extension requests.  Paleo Collections Management will continue to process and ship loan returns of material borrowed from other institution as per loan agreements.

Please send questions to Paleo Collections Management at paleovisits at si.edu<mailto:paleovisits at si.edu>

For more information about the renovation of the NMNH fossil exhibits follow our page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/deeptime.smithsonian

Outgoing Loans

*         Paleo Collections Management staff will be unable to prepare and ship outgoing loans from November 1, 2013 through August 1, 2014.

*         Requests for exceptions, including loans to be hand-carried, should be sent to Paleo Dept. Chair, Brian Huber.

Research Visits

*         Paleo Collections Management staff will be unable to host research visitors from November 1, 2103 through November 1, 2014.

*         Requests for exceptions should be sent to Paleo Dept. Chair, Brian Huber. It may be possible to arrange research visits through individual curators.

*         Visitors already scheduled during this time period will remain on our schedule. Please contact your host if you have any questions.