[Nhcoll-l] SEM stubs in an Insect Collection

Derek Sikes dssikes at alaska.edu
Mon Dec 2 20:19:36 EST 2013

We've got a number of SEM stubs of gold coated insect specimens that we'd
like to incorporate into the main insect collection. I'm wondering how
others curate such specimens and looking for any wisdom on what not to do.

We'd also like to attach unique numbers to the stubs. We have adhesive
barcodes that can be attached to the bottoms but the stubs are currently in
a plastic box and each fits tightly into a holder inside the box. Attaching
these barcodes to the bottom will make them invisible unless the stub is
removed and that risks damaging the specimen on the top of the stub.

Thanks!
-Derek

--

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Derek S. Sikes, Curator of Insects

dssikes at alaska.edu

phone: 907-474-6278
FAX: 907-474-5469

University of Alaska Museum  -
http://www.uaf.edu/museum/collections/ento/

Society and / or sign up for the email listserv "Alaska Entomological
Network" at
http://www.akentsoc.org/contact.php