[Nhcoll-l] The Dangerous Museum

dinoceras at juno.com dinoceras at juno.com
Tue Dec 10 10:19:23 EST 2013

Hi all,

I'm working on a talk for visitors to our museum that's all about the types of dangers (dangerous objects, substances, activities, etc.) we sometimes encounter in our work
behind-the-scenes in collections. It's meant to be informative, not to mention---entertaining. I'm starting with how we get objects to the museum, preparing & conserving them, handling them, etc. If any of you have any stories or images you are willing to share along these lines, please contact me. I'd love to hear about what you've had to deal with from disease-carrying rodents to nasty stuff on clothing & herbarium sheets, and
everything in between.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Chandler

Curator of Natural Science