[Nhcoll-l] Hardy casts

Gnidovec, Dale gnidovec.1 at osu.edu
Fri Dec 13 10:16:51 EST 2013

Colleagues,

At the State Fairgrounds we recently installed an Ohio geologic walk through time (see http://geosurvey.ohiodnr.gov<http://geosurvey.ohiodnr.gov/>) with large boulders from each of the Paleozoic periods represented by our bedrock.  The walk is to scale, with each foot representing one million years although we condensed the Precambrian (since it is entirely buried in this state) and the Mesozoic-Cenozoic (since we have no bedrock from those times).

We would like to add casts of representative fossils.  What can we use that would be strong enough to last a few years in our weather (it was 8 degrees out there yesterday!) and being touched by thousands of fingers.

Cheers.

Dale

Dale Gnidovec, Curator
Orton Geological Museum