[Nhcoll-l] FW: Specimen drawer liners

Paul R Sweet sweet at amnh.org
Thu Jan 24 11:34:05 EST 2013

Dear All

Here in the AMNH bird collection, all of our specimen drawers are made with a Masonite base and aluminum sides. We use a thick blotter paper liner which came with the cabinets in the 1930s, but which we have finally run out of. The internal drawer size is 41 x 25 inches. Does anyone have a supplier for such archival, acid-free, un-buffered, blotter paper in these dimensions? Or have any alternative suggestions? We don't want to cut this ourselves! Price is also a concern, we will probably want to buy several 1000 sheets.

Thanks, Paul

Paul Sweet
Collection Manager
Department of Ornithology