[Nhcoll-l] Cleared and Stained

Simon Moore couteaufin at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 29 16:34:10 EST 2013

Hi Greg,

I am presuming that these are on a rotary disc and can be changed around?  I have always used quick-setting permanent mounts (hydramount or hystomount) or at least semi-permanent for these else the coverslips can shift slightly and introduce air bubbles.  Oterhwise it depends on the stains used and their lability with long(er)-term glycerine mounting.

With all good wishes, Simon

Simon Moore MIScT, FLS, ACR,
Conservator of Natural Sciences and Cutlery Historian,

 www.natural-history-conservation.com
www.pocket-fruit-knives.info

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/naturalsciencespecimenconserve