[Nhcoll-l] 4-dram vial closures

Herrera, Joan Joan.Herrera at MyFWC.com
Wed Jul 24 13:45:34 EDT 2013

Paul:  Try Acme Vial
Acme Vial & Glass Company, Inc. . 1601 Commerce Way . Paso Robles, CA 93446
Call Toll Free: (800) 394-2745 or (805) 239-2666 . Fax: (805) 239-9406 . E-Mail: sales at acmevial.com<mailto:sales at acmevial.com>
Copyright (c) 2005 Acme Vial & Glass Company, Inc. - All rights reserved.

http://www.acmevial.com/shell_vials.htm

Joan Herrera, Ph.D.
Curator of Collections
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
Fish and Wildlife Research Institute
100 8th Avenue SE
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
(727) 892-4136
FAX (727) 823-0166

email:  joan.herrera at myfwc.com<mailto:joan.herrera at myfwc.com>
http://myfwc.com/research/saltwater/specimen-collections/
Specimen Lot Search http://research.myfwc.com/sis

Please note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state officials regarding state business are considered public records and are available to the public and the media upon request. Therefore, your e-mail communications may be subject to public disclosure.

From: nhcoll-l-bounces at mailman.yale.edu [mailto:nhcoll-l-bounces at mailman.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Callomon,Paul
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:52 PM
To: nhcoll-l at mailman.yale.edu
Subject: [Nhcoll-l] 4-dram vial closures

Folks,

We use a lot of 4-dram vials (shell vials), but nowadays it seems the usual suppliers (Kimble, Fisher, Wheaton) do not make closures for them any more. Does anyone know where I can get PTFE plug-type closures for glass vials with an internal neck diameter of 21 mm?

Paul Callomon
Collections Manager in Malacology, Invertebrate Paleontology and General Invertebrates
The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA  19103
callomon at ansp.org<mailto:callomon at ansp.org> Tel. 215-405-5096
Experience dinosaurs, butterflies, and live animals- all under one roof! Visit the Academy today. ansp.org<http://www.ansp.org>
Follow us: Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/AcademyofNaturalSciences> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/#!/AcadNatSci>