[Nhcoll-l] advert for workshop

Silvia Da Rocha S.DaRocha at nms.ac.uk
Tue Nov 5 12:11:41 EST 2013

Hello,

I was wanting to put out this message to the mailing list. Would that be OK? I hope it is not too long.

****

Simon Moore's ever-popular four day fluid preservation course is due to take place again this December 2013. This season, the course will be held in Edinburgh, Scotland. Hosted by the National Museums Scotland, the class will be held at the National Museums Collection Centre (NMCC) in Granton.
Dates: 9th - 12th December 2013
There are only 5 spaces left for this highly regarded and popular course.
The course will take the usual four day format, and will cover all aspects of fluid preservation and conservation of fluid-preserved specimens including re-spiriting, repair and mounting. There is a 1 hour theory session each morning followed by practical sessions. The cost is £300 for the four days. Members of NatSCA may apply for bursaries to help cover costs. To register, please reply to Simon Moore: couteaufin at btinternet.com<mailto:couteaufin at btinternet.com>, also advising him of any personal allergies that you may have. Full hand-outs (including risk assessments) are included in the cost. Accommodation is not provided, however Simon can supply a helpful list if one is required. You may also request a schedule if you require one in advance.
More information on the course: http://www.natural-history-conservation.com/nextcourse.htm

***

Silvia Da Rocha
Artefact Conservation
National Museums Scotland
National Museums Collection Centre
Edinburgh EH5 1JA

Tel:        +44 (0) 7455 193 670
E mail:   s.darocha at nms.ac.uk
http:          //www.nms.ac.uk

Our Mary, Queen of Scots exhibition closes soon! See it at the National Museum of Scotland until 17 November.
www.nms.ac.uk/mary

National Museums Scotland, Scottish Charity, No. SC 011130
This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee please inform the sender and delete the email from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of National Museums Scotland. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. No liability is accepted for any harm that may be caused to your systems or data by this message.