[Nhcoll-l] Hands-on "curatorial" activities

Carrie Eaton carrie at geology.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 4 15:49:54 EDT 2013

Hi all,
We do a behind-the-scenes night at our museum, letting people into our
repository and collections workroom, among other places (I'm sure many
of you have a similarly-styled event). Our members really appreciate
getting to do a short hands-on activity, or something
semi-participatory. I've done a few things with numbering items or
photographing objects, but would love to change things up from year to
year. I'm wondering if anyone out there has crafted some good hands-on
activities that are related to the care of collections or general
curatorial practices? What have you tried, what has worked well, and
what has not worked so well? I'm open to all suggestions and would love
to hear what you've done!
many thanks,
Carrie

--