[Nhcoll-l] Collection and curatorial staff health issues

Baker, Barry barry_baker at fws.gov
Fri Sep 6 15:54:58 EDT 2013

Have you recently added a dermestid beetle colony? Many people develop
bronchial problems and other allergic reactions from the beetle frass.

Siegel S, Lee N, Rohr A. Evaluation of dermestid sensitivity in museum
personnel. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1991;1:190 (Abstract).

*Barry W. Baker,
CWFS<http://www.wildlifeforensicscience.org/become-certified/>,
RPA <http://www.rpanet.org/>
*
*Senior Forensic Scientist - Morphology*

*USFWS National Fish & Wildlife Forensics Laboratory
*
*Morphology Section*
*1490 East Main Street*
*Ashland, Oregon 97520-1310 USA*