[Nhcoll-l] users of natural history collections

Ann Pinzl apinzl at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 26 17:33:48 EDT 2013

Greetings,
    We here in Nevada are about to undertake a survey of actual and potential herbarium users regarding their contemporary use patterns, needs, interests, and preferences.  We're interested in studies based on actual user input, not what we the curators/collection managers consider to be the case.  While our focus is on herbaria (which seem not to have had this kind of study made), it's very likely that such a study done in another discipline could give us some guidance.  This undertaking strikes me as an unusual approach to determining herbarium value. Is it? Does anyone know of any previous surveys/studies of this sort (utilizing user input)?
    I thank you in advance.

Ann Pinzl

Ann Pinzl
4020 Hobart Road