[Nhcoll-l] Calling for abstracts for SPNHC 2014 'University Museum Challenges'

Bethany Palumbo bgpalumbo at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Apr 14 04:57:54 EDT 2014

As part of the 2014 conference theme of 'Historic Collections: A Resource
for the Future', we are now accepting abstracts for the session titled
'University Museum Challenges'.

'The session aims to explore challenges unique to University Museum
collections. University Museums must strike a balance between their service
to the public and their associated academic institution. Museum staff are
often stuck in the middle, tasked with preserving collections, while
complying with University requirements. This can include destructive
sampling for research or providing resources for outreach activities. This
session aims to discuss this issue, while exploring the wealth of
collections that form our University Museums'.

Submission details can be found at
<http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/spnhc2014/submissions/>
http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/spnhc2014/submissions/

The deadline for submissions is May 5th 2014.

All the best,

Bethany Palumbo

Conservator, Life Collections

Oxford University Museum of Natural History

Tel: 01865 272996

 <mailto:bethany.palumbo at oum.ox.ac.uk> bethany.palumbo at oum.ox.ac.uk

 <http://onceinawhale.com/> http://onceinawhale.com/

The Museum of Natural History is now open daily 10am-5pm, following the
completion of the roof restoration work.

Check our website at  <http://www.oum.ox.ac.uk> www.oum.ox.ac.uk for a guide
to what's on, read our blog at morethanadodo.com, and follow us on Twitter
@morethanadodo