[Nhcoll-l] "Accession" software conversion

Ann M Molineux annm at austin.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 1 15:01:53 EST 2014

Sorry- I mistyped it is '.accdb'!

From: Ann Molineux <annm at austin.utexas.edu<mailto:annm at austin.utexas.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, January 1, 2014 1:58 PM
To: "gnelson at bio.fsu.edu<mailto:gnelson at bio.fsu.edu>" <gnelson at bio.fsu.edu<mailto:gnelson at bio.fsu.edu>>, "nhcoll-l at mailman.yale.edu<mailto:nhcoll-l at mailman.yale.edu>" <nhcoll-l at mailman.yale.edu<mailto:nhcoll-l at mailman.yale.edu>>
Subject: Re: [Nhcoll-l] "Accession" software conversion

Cindy,
As far as I know there is no MS Access on a Mac-yet-unless you are running the Mac as a PC. If you notice the MS Office suite for the Mac contains no Access as one of the programs included in the bundle, unlike the PC version. There is an Access - like program within OpenOffice which I have heard had poor import/export tools. I do not know that program but it could account for  your colleague's problem. OpenOffice went away in 2011 but I believe there are successors. If you are certain it is MS Access the file endings may be .mdb or .aaccdb- depending on the version of Access you have been using or updated to since 1990's.
Best of luck
Ann